Thursday, December 14, 2006

But It's Only Bread Dough...

The first puppet is done!



I added more detail to the face and used acrylic paint mixed with some latex to paint his skin. Latex is extremely easy and flexible to paint, and I think this more than anything else is my favorite thing about it. So... the reason I said that the first puppet is done is that I've realized that I need to make another one. The Bread Monster is a constantly evolving being who grows from a small lump of dough into a hulking dough beast. I'm using a lump of clay for his early form, and this puppet is his final incarnation... and really he needs a halfway point. I'm going to make another latex build-up puppet, only about half the size and far less detailed. Also, he will be fatter with less defined limbs. He should be adorable. One puppet will morph into the other during a shadowmation shot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is shadowmation a real term or did you coin that? ;)

5:42 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Alisa said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowmation I've been beat, dangit!

4:34 PM, December 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home