Thursday, November 09, 2006

No News is Good News

Well, it's been a while. But that's because I've been working a lot and sleeping a little. Here's something I'm toying with for the title sequence.


All the text will be made of clay and animated. I used the red mat so I can key it out later and stick the text in front of the animation for the intro. I love clay.



Meet the 3 main characters - Lloyd, Keaton, and Roscoe. I had previously mentioned that I was going to use photo cut-outs for these characters, and this is still true. Lloyd is the only one done at the moment, but I've already photographed his head and begun experimenting in Photoshop. The final product will probably end up looking something like the head on the right with a photo mouth and digital eyes and eyebrows. I'll also be digitally manipulating the jaws so they can open when the characters speak. A huge pet peeve of mine is when animated characters talk but their jaws don't move. Each head will be photographed from 8 angles so it can be rotated in AfterEffects, sort of like a stop-motion/cut-out hybrid. I really need to finish these clay heads and throw the AfterEffects puppets together so I can start this animating thing! The basement set is almost done, so hopefully I will begin animation very shortly. I also need to get cracking on the large city set and the monster stop-motion puppet so I will be on schedule to do the stop-motion scenes in January. I'm frightened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home