Saturday, October 14, 2006


Yay.... this week was good. I feel like I've made some nice progress, after changing more stuff of course. The biggest change is that I'm no longer using photo collages backgrounds. Instead, all the backgrounds will be miniature sets, whether or not the scene contains stop-motion animation. This is the set for the bakery basement.

So far it's just some walls and a staircase, but I'm very happy with it. It's not goin to look completely really and I'm not going to hide the fact that it's made from cardboard and paper. I think that will add to the overall cheeziness of the movie. I've also recorded the voices of my primary actors!

Javan, Jamie, Lee - you rock!! They did an amazing job and actually made my stupid script entertaining. In addition to providing the voices of their characters, they will also lend their faces. I'll be taking a ton of photos of them so I can make them into digital photo cut-out puppets. That should be happening within the next week. I finally feel like I'm working and making progress, and that feels great. This week will be the week from hell though... too much to do! I really really want to get cracking on the armature(s) because I finally have all my supplies, but that's not priority. Before I tackle any monster animation scenes I'm going to refine the look of the film while animating the opening sequence in the basement. I'm still not positive of what look I'm going for. I thought I knew but then I realized that I was trying for way too naturalistic of a look... and that doesn't make sense for animation, especially photo cut-out animation. It might as well shoot it on video. Live-action actually was part of the film at one point, and I think that idea was still was hanging out in part of my brain. I've finally evicted the last notion that my film needs to feel "real," and now know that I want a more stylized look. It's a making a parody monster B-movie, so it needs to be fun and cheesy.


Post a Comment

<< Home